Each metric's score value is calculated from a number of score entries for that metric collected for each user. Each score entry has a time stamp.
When the score bulletin is generated, the score entries that are relevant for the score bulletin time period are processed according to the rules of the score algorithm for each user. This process leads to a score value for each metric, and then another iteration of the score algorithm rules leads to a "total" score for each user.
Some metrics are manual entry - the scorecard administrator/user adds the score entries manually onto rise.global's web UI - while others use Score Collectors to automate the collection of score entries.
For example, a twitter score collector source will collect Tweet score entries for each user. The total number of tweets will be their score for that metric.
Score Algorithm menu
- Edit Metric - name, description, number format, visibility and weighting
- Add new metrics, data collectors or formulas
Score Entries menuOn the score entries menu you can:
- View all score entries stored for each metric
- Delete score entries
- Edit the underlying collector for your metric / metrics.
- Export Score Entries
- Import Score Entries from a spreadsheet (csv)
Users menuOn the users menu you can:
- Manually add score entries for you chosen users
Metrics have the following fields:
Public - visible to all
Private - visible to managers and players only
Stealth - visible to managers only
- Channel specific - you can show/hide the metric depending on which channel it is being displayed on
- Metric Name: Change the metric name to be shown on the Scorecard.
- Metric Description: Appears on hover over the metric name
- Weighting: How many points is this metric worth? Calculation will depend on the ranking algorithm used under Scores - Settings
- Points cap: This will set a maximum score for this metric (note that on cumulative total ranked leaderboards the cap is calculated as score x weight, while on relative ranked scorecards the cap is calculated on the score alone)
- Order: Change metric order on the scorecard (order 1 being closer to the player name on the left).
- Score Display Format: currently available formats are number and decimal places. If you have other formats you need please contact support.
- Metric Ranking Order: this tells the leaderboard what is best - high scores or low scores.
Deleting stored Score Entries:
Total Score Settings
- Visibility - determines whether you want to show a Total Score column / field on the final leaderboard
- Display Name - what you want to call it
- Display Format - the display format for the total score, similar to Score Display Format.