IntroductionA great way to engage the community on your scorecard is to let them know every time your scorecard updates. You can celebrate your users' successes by sharing their score, rank and movement from the previous update on Twitter.
Using the tweet-out channelTo use this channel, navigate to the "Share" link on the top navigation bar of your manager dashboard. The options for using Twitter are available on the Twitter button.
General tweet announcement (to all your twitter followers)
Tweeting to the users on your scorecard (@user tweets)For sending out tweets to the users on your board, you can use a mail-merge type process to customise messages to:
1. Top x users (ordered by the rank on the latest release)
2. Top x climbers (the users who have moved up the greatest number of rank places
3. Top x fallers (the users who have moved down the greatest number of rank places
4. Top newcomers to the board
Choose the number of all these values in the settings page as shown in the screenshot above.
Automating small changes in copy for each user
- Click on Add Text
- Create a Key (which will be the name of your custom field)
- Add text separated by a semi-colon and a space e.g. abc; def; ghi - note the space after the semi-colon - these will the values that will be rotated randomly in your Tweet out message
- In the user tweet out messages, use the custom field in the appropriate place and then your copy will be slightly different for each user, randomly.