IntroductionA great way to engage the community on your scorecard is to let them know every time your scorecard updates. You can celebrate your users' successes by sharing their score, rank and movement from the previous update on Twitter.
Using the tweet-out channelTo use this channel, navigate to the "Share" link on the left hand navigation bar of your manager dashboard. The screenshots below are from an older UI but you will find the same links and buttons in the current UI
General tweet announcement (to all your twitter followers)You can send out a tweet to all your followers announcing the scorecard bulletin of a new update to your scorecard. You can choose to let this happen automatically after each new scorecard bulletin. See screenshots below that show you how you would configure this.
Tweeting to the users on your scorecard (@player tweets)For sending out tweets to the users on your board, you can use a mail-merge type process to customise messages to:
1. Top x users (ordered by the rank on the latest release)
2. Top x climbers (the users who have moved up the greatest number of rank places
3. Top x fallers (the users who have moved down the greatest number of rank places
4. Top newcomers to the board
Choose the number of all these values in the settings page of the Compose To users tweet out link, as shown in screenshot below
Small variations in message copy
For each section of User Tweet Outs (i.e. Top X, Top X Climbers, Top X Newcomers), you can vary the text slightly for each user by creating a custom merge field. Go to Scorecard Settings -> Score Entries -> Custom Fields:
- Click on Add Text
- Create a Key (which will be the name of your custom field)
- Add text separated by a semi-colon and a space e.g. abc; def; ghi - note the space after the semi-colon - these will the values that will be rotated randomly in your Tweet out message
- In the user tweet out messages, use the custom field in the appropriate place and then your copy will be slightly different for each user, randomly.