You can bring in player data and/or scoring data (metric values) into your Rise board by importing from a csv file. However, you can import in player and score data at the same time. Players have to be already registered on the board before any scoring data can be imported for them.
Player data import via csv
- Choose your player source. Go to Players -> Player Source and choose Manual Entry for Player Source and choose a unique identifier such as email or twitter name for Unique Player Identifier. Do not choose "Name".
- Then, click "Import Players" which is available under the Players menu.
- Choose your csv file. The first row of this file should have headings. One of the columns will have to have values for your Unique Player Identifier.
- Click upload. And map the headings with the Rise field names. If you have two columns for names for people (e.g Forename, Surname), then you can map each of these against "Name" and the first column will be allocated to First Name and the second one to Last Name. If you have columns in your csv file that correspond to your scoring data, you cannot map these against anything right now - just "ignore".
- Click Process
- You may get an "error" message to say that one of your players was not imported because they already have registered themselves on Rise and therefore you cannot create a new registration for them. In this case, you have to add these players to your board by clicking on Players and then clicking on "Add Player".
Metric data import via csv
Click on metrics -> data entries, and you should see your data headings appear for those columns that you had wanted to be scoring metrics. If you click on one of these names, you will see the data imported for that metric.
- Your csv will need its first row as headings and one of the columns must have values for the uniqye player identifier that is used on your board (you can check what this is by going to Players -> Player Source).
- Go to Data Metrics -> Import from CSV
- Choose your CSV file and click on Upload
- Map your csv columns to the Rise board data. The "Full Name" field doesnt need to be mapped. If you've already got metric sources established on your board, then map the right metric to the column containing values for this metric. If you haven't created any metric sources on Rise, you can map your column to <<new metric>>.
- If you metric values are time dependent, then enter the right time for these values to be associated with in the Score Time box.
- Click process